Alaskapeter's Amazing Adventures

A record of the grand adventuring in Alaska and beyond I'm doing after dropping out of a MIT PhD. graduate program in physical oceanography in February 2006.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Mission: to catch the tandem couple

Hello friends,

It's Saturday morning at 10:45 AM. I'm here at the library in Newton, KS, and finally was able to post a bunch of pictures, as you can see. I hope you enjoy them all. Newton is a really nice town. As I came into town yesterday, a couple pulled over in their car to talk. They rode some of the TransAmerica trail last year, and live here in Newton. They were really nice and gave me a bunch of tips.

I stocked up on groceries last night, did my laundry, and camped in the really nice city park. This morning I was able to take a shower (for free!) in the community activity center, and now I'm here in the library updating the blog and checking my email before rolling out of town.

I met a guy on the road yesterday who said there is a couple on a tandem that are just a little bit ahead of me going east. Hopefully I can finally catch them today. I'm not off to a good start, though, so I'm going to stop wasting more time and get rolling! It's going to be another scorcher!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home