Alaskapeter's Amazing Adventures

A record of the grand adventuring in Alaska and beyond I'm doing after dropping out of a MIT PhD. graduate program in physical oceanography in February 2006.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Great Plains: A pictoral tour

Welcome to Eastern Colorado and Kansas:


A cool time-lapse photo of evening thunderstorms in the distance. You can see the lightning lighting the sky. This is in the town park in Eads, Colorado where I camped.
The Athleticlub TV lounge in Scott City, KS where I slept and survived the serial killer attack.My Puddle. Not the most attractive name for an RV park, but here in Kansas even puddles are exciting.
A turtle I rescued off of the road. He was so scared when I walked up to him that he literally peed himself. That was my good deed for the day. I named him Donatello after the best ninja turtle.
Taking a quick nap in the soldier's barracks at Fort Larned, a National Historic Site near, surprisingly, Larned, Kansas.
You have to be careful of those icy Kansas roads! Especially in this 90 degree weather!!
The delicious macaroni-and-cheese-and-extra-pepper-jack-cheese-and-summer-sausage. I couldn't finish it all. This is at the rest stop in Alexander where I was camping for the evening.
Pretty much the most exciting thing I saw that day:

Where I camped last night in the city park here in Newton, Kansas. It was a really nice park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home