Alaskapeter's Amazing Adventures

A record of the grand adventuring in Alaska and beyond I'm doing after dropping out of a MIT PhD. graduate program in physical oceanography in February 2006.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Colorado in 5 pictures

Me happily pretending to sleep in a trailer by the Arkansas River. I stumbled across a camp of river guides. After asking if I could camp there, one of them offered his trailer for me to sleep in since he wasn't using it that evening. I happily accepted. This was after an 107 mile day.
My view 6 to 9 hours a day. Usually I'm going faster than this.
A beautiful camping spot at a campground alongside a reservoir in Colorado. This was the evening Dad left to drive back to Salt Lake City.
After spending all day climbing over 30 miles and ascending thousands of feet, I finally reached the summit of treacherous MONARCH PASS on the Continental Divide! It was cold.


A cool picture from the reservoir campsite:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home