Alaskapeter's Amazing Adventures

A record of the grand adventuring in Alaska and beyond I'm doing after dropping out of a MIT PhD. graduate program in physical oceanography in February 2006.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

One gear left in the middle of WV!

I left Wayne, WV a few hours ago, ready to quickly ride the 60-70 miles left to Charleston because I was unburdened by all of my stuff because I gave it to Josh and Andy who had joined me at the motel last night. Virginia (my bike) had no serious mechanical problems (aside from flats) until, of course, now. 17 miles along the road my rear shifter cable breaks, and, of course, I have no tools with me to potentially fix it. So now I'm riding on one high gear the rest of the way. I'm breaking at a library now, but will soon start sweating up some more hills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home